scipy shape

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Wed Nov 19 02:25:16 EST 2014

Abdul Abdul <abdul.sw84 at gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> I came across an example that starts as follows:
>
> from scipy.ndimage import filters
> img = zeros(im.shape)
>
> What does the second line mean here? Is it setting the image pixels to zero? What is "shape" here?

This example is incomplete. Neither zeros nor im are defined in
 the python versions I have installed,  and shape is an attribute
 of im, whatever type that is.

Your example needs at least another import, probably like

from numpy import zeros

 http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.zeros.html

But I can't guess what im might be, unless it's some numpy instance.

The other thing missing from the example is the python version.

--
DaveA