import graphics library; causes error

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 22:11:55 EST 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 2:03 PM, ryguy7272 <ryanshuell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, that's a damn good question.  I thought, by defailt, everything was downloaded to this folder:
> 'C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages'
>
> In there, I have all kinds of things like:
> 'setuptools-6.1.dist-info', 'pip-1.5.6.dist-info', etc.
> All kinds of other things too.
>
> It seems there is always a copy, so I cut/paste the folders named 'setuptools' & 'pip' (always taking off the versions and identifiers and the like...).  Then I cut/paste everything into this folder:
> 'C:\Python27\Lib'
>
> Is that how it's done or not?

Most definitely not. That is not how you should go about installing
things. You're packing everything into the standard library, certain
to cause a mess. Just leave them in site-packages - they ought to be
importable from there. If they're not, you most likely have one very
simple configuration issue to fix, and then everything will just work.

> Python is by far the most backwards type of technology that I can think of.  Using it is completely counter-productive.  I can't take it serious.

You're blaming Python for your poor use of it. Python, as a
technology, is not the cause of your issues. Get to know the language
and its standard library first, then move on to learning about the
entire ecosystem of PyPI packages; base your opinion of Python
primarily on the language, not on what people do with it. Do you judge
C on the basis of the IOCCC? No, you judge it on the basis of manual
memory management and segfaults. (That said, I do like C... as a
language for writing high level languages in. I try to avoid writing
actual C code.)

ChrisA