How modules work in Python

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sun Nov 16 21:56:05 EST 2014

(Please don't top-post. Use interleaved posting.  And remove parts
 you didn't respond to.)

(While I'm criticizing,  I should point out that your quoting
 seems doublespaced.  That makes me suspect buggy googlegroups.
 If you're using that, you should either find a real newsreader,
 use the mailing list, or manually fix the double spacing.
 Hundres of posts on here about it, just search out one of
 them)

Abdul Abdul <abdul.sw84 at gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> Dave,
>
> Thanks for your nice explanation. For your answer on one of my questions:
>

>> Modules don't have methods. open is an ordinary function in the module.
>
> Isn't "method" and "function" used interchangeably? In other words, aren't they the same thing? Or, Python has some naming conventions here?

Certainly not. A method is a very specic kind of function, you'll
 learn about it when you study classes. Some languages blur the
 distinction,  by not having any functions outside of classes. But
 that's not Python.

--
DaveA