import os

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sun Nov 16 21:46:57 EST 2014

Abdul Abdul <abdul.sw84 at gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> Thanks for your reply. Yes, I came across this page, but didn't understand what is meant by the operating system dependent functionality. What does that mean? Is importing that module that serious?

Please don't top-post here. Add your comments after some edited
 context, not before.

Importing the os module isn't important at all, unless you want to
 directly call some of its functionality.  It's being called all
 the time under the covers by other modules.

There are hundreds of modules to learn about. Did you have a
 particular problem you were trying to solve?

--
DaveA