Error when trying to open an image

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Nov 16 20:27:18 EST 2014

Abdul Abdul <abdul.sw84 at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for your kind reply.

Abdul, please don't top-post. Instead, trim the quoted material just to
what you're responding to; then post your responses interleaved
<URL:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style>.

> I got the following output:
>
> Process finished with exit code 0
>
> So, what is the purpose of open() here?

I see no context for this question. Where is “here”?

Can you write a very minimal example of a complete program you're asking
about, and post it here so we can see what is confusing you?
<URL:http://sscce.org/>

--
 \       “I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in |
  `\              every culture, is the story of Popeye.” —Jack Handey |