How to fix those errors?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Nov 16 19:38:31 EST 2014

Chris Angelico wrote:

> You should be able to use two semicolons, that's equivalent to one colon
> right?
>
> ChrisA
> (No, it isn't, so don't take this advice. Thanks.)

Oooh! Python-ideas territory!

I think the parser should allow two consecutive semi-colons, or four commas,
as an alias for a colon. Then we could write code like:

def spam(arg);;
    for x in seq,,,,
        pass

for people who have a broken keyboard or have remapped colon to something
else. It would also make reading slices an exciting adventure:

What do you think? Is it perhaps better suited to perl-ideas?

Feeling-whimsical-at-the-moment-ly y'rs,

--
Steven