Decorators

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Sat Nov 15 10:32:01 EST 2014

On 2014-11-15, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:
> Tim Chase <python.list at tim.thechases.com>:
>
>> And decorators are used pretty regularly in just about every code-base
>> that I've touched (I've been programming in Python since early 2004,
>> so I've maintained pre-2.4 code without decorators and then brought it
>> forward to 2.4 where decorators were usable).
>
> Funny. My experience with Python is about as old, and I have yet to
> encounter them in code. I have seen (maybe even used) @staticmethod once
> or twice over a decade and then as a magic keyword rather than a
> "decorator pattern."

I've been using Python since 1999 and version 1.5.2 and have yet to
use decorators.  I do occasionally find myself in a spot where I'm
pretty sure that there's a more elegent way to do something using a
decorator, and promise myself that I'll read up on decorators one of
these days when I have some spare time...

--
Grant