Question about installing python and modules on Red Hat Linux 6

pythonista software.by.python at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 22:01:55 EST 2014

I am developing a python application as a contractor.

I would like to know if someone can provide me with some insight into the problems that then infrastructure team has been having.

The scope of the project was to install python 2.7.8 and 4 modules/site packages on a fresh linux build.

The first team failed after almost 3 weeks of work.

Then  they put their star Linux administrator on the task and it took almost a week of considerable effort.

I was able to perform the same task on my windows desktop in less than a morning.

I cannot get a straight answer as to what the problems are.

They just seemed to be building and rebuilding all of the components from scratch.

Can anyone provide me with insight as to the scope what the problem could have been?

Thanks