I don't read docs and don't know how to use Google. What does the print function do?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 06:15:49 EST 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 9:58 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> http://blog.codinghorror.com/why-cant-programmers-program/
>
> Not everyone agrees that this is a thing:
>
> http://www.skorks.com/2010/10/99-out-of-100-programmers-cant-program-i-call-bullshit/
>
> I'm inclined to accept that maybe 99 out of 100 *applications* for
> programming jobs are from people who can't program, but I don't think that
> 99 out of 100 *programmers* can't program. It's probably more like 65,
> maybe 70 out of 100, tops.

I was talking only about *applications* at that point. From the point
of view of an applicant, the massive noise of incompetent people
trying to get the job means it's really hard to get heard, especially
since a lot of the incompetents can make their resumes look great. [1]
So getting a job you apply for based on your own skill is... not easy.
At least, I'm fairly sure it's not easy. All I know is that it's never
happened to me.

[1] They probably learned from all the other department heads.
http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2011-02-20/

ChrisA