Bad file descriptor

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Nov 14 02:42:40 EST 2014

On 13Nov2014 15:40, satishmlmlml at gmail.com <satishmlmlml at gmail.com> wrote:
>import os
>os.write(1, b'Hello descriptor world\n')
>OSError: Bad file descriptor
>
>How to give a file descriptor number to this function? How to get a file descriptor number?

Wow, this must be at least the 4th post of the same question.
It now occurs to me that a newer Python won't help you.

Are you running this at a command prompt?
Or are you running this in some IDE?

The reason I ask this question is that at a command prompt, the above would
probably work.

In short, please provide more context. What OS? What version of Python? What
environment (command prompt, IDE (which one?), a standalone script, etc)?

CHeers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Louis Pasteur's theory of germs is ridiculous fiction.
       --Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse, 1872