Help with Python Multiprocessing

Anurag anuragpatibandla7 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 18:21:02 EST 2014

On Thursday, November 13, 2014 2:22:29 PM UTC-5, Gary Herron wrote:
> On 11/13/2014 10:07 AM, Anurag wrote:
> > I am having trouble understanding the Multiprocessing module.
> > I need to run three different files 'Worker1' , 'Worker2', 'Worker3' all at once. Currently I am doing this :
> >
> > from multiprocessing import Process
> >
> > import Worker1.py
> > import Worker2.py
> > import Worker3.py
> >

> > p1 = Process(target=Worker1.py)
> > p1.start()
> > p2 = Process(target=Worker2.py)
> > p2.start()
> > p3 = Process(target=Worker3.py)
> > p3.start()
> >
> > But this will only start the 'Worker1'. How do I execute all the three files at once?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> I doubt that is your actual code.  Python imports do not include .py
> extension.  Please show us your actual code.  (Use cut and paste
> please.)  And then take the time to tell us how you determine only the
> first is started.  Then we can probably help.
>
> As an aside: To be sure, one could make the above imports work by having
> files named py.py and __init__.py in a directory named Worker1 (and the
> same for directories Worker2 and Worker3).   I think it's more likely
> that you miss-typed the above code.
>
> Gary Herron

That is the actual code I am using in a file named 'ex.py'.
My Worker files are also named with a '.py' extension.
When I run my 'ex.py' through a command prompt, the 'Worker1.py' is executed in the same command prompt and starts an infinite loop. It never gets to the 'Worker2.py' part.
But I want my Workers to be executed in different command prompts.