__missing__ for the top-level Python script

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 13:09:53 EST 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting data point there - that you actually have it handy and
> choose not to use it.

And, I believe I wrote it. Can't have a worse recommendation than
that. A cook who doesn't eat his own cooking. :-) I think I disabled
its import sometime in the distant past when it interacted badly with
something else, but for the life of me, I can't remember the details
anymore.

I will occasionally paste functions from Python source files into the
interactive interpreter. This autoload functionality can be kind of
handy there so you don't have to go back and also grab the imports
from the top of the source file.

Skip