Communicating with a PHP script (and pretending I'm a browser)

Marc Aymerich glicerinu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 11:00:09 EST 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a PHP app that I want to convert to django. But I want to do it
> stages. All the heavy lifting is in the PHP code, so first, I want to
> just use templates and views to generate the HTML, but still call the
> PHP code. Then later convert the PHP to python.
>
> My issue is that the PHP code expects to get all it's input from the
> REQUEST object and I've consumed that in the view. Is there any way I
> can somehow supply that to the PHP code?
>
> Is there some way python can communicate like curl ... it needs to
> send the request string in the body of a POST request to the URL that
> will route to the PHP script and get the output back.

Yes,
I supose you can extract the needed information from the django
Request object and call the php script passing the needed variables as
environment state.

as a guideline you can do something like

cmd = (
    'REDIRECT_STATUS=200 '
    'REQUEST_METHOD=GET '
    'SCRIPT_FILENAME=htdocs/index.php '
    'SCRIPT_NAME=/index.php '
    'PATH_INFO=/ '
    'SERVER_NAME=site.tld '
    'SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.1 '
    'REQUEST_URI=/nl/page '
    'HTTP_HOST=site.tld '
    '/usr/bin/php-cgi'
)
subprocess.Popen(cmd, stdout=subprocess.PIPE)

--
Marc