"Natural" use of cmp= in sort

Paddy paddy3118 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 22:09:49 EST 2014

On Monday, 10 November 2014 18:45:15 UTC, Paddy  wrote:
> Hi, I do agree with                                                                          Raymond H. about the relative merits of cmp= and key= in sort/sorted, but I decided to also not let natural uses of cmp= pass silently.
>
> In answering this question, http://stackoverflow.com/a/26850434/10562 about ordering subject to inequalities it seemed natural to use the cmp= argument of sort rather than key=.
>
> The question is about merging given inequalities to make 1 inequality such that the inequalities also stays true.

Thanks Peter, Ian. I have modified my code to expand transitive relations and ask you to view it on stackoverflow via the original link (as posting code on newsgroups is an ugly hack).

My main reason for the post to c.l.p remains though; it seems like a *natural* use of the cmp= comparator function to sorted rather than using key= .