A syntax question

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Nov 10 09:44:53 EST 2014

On 2014-11-10, David Palao <dpalao.python at gmail.com> wrote:

>> My crystal ball is currently in for repair and is not expected back
>> in the foreseeable future.
>
> Without a crystal ball, this prediction might be not well founded.

That isn't a prediction.  It's an explicit statement of no prediction.
He said that it is "not expected back" rather than "expected not to be
back".  They're two different things.  The former asserts a _lack_ of
expection/prediction.  The latter asserts an expectation/prediction.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Am I in Milwaukee?
                                  at