Python modules

Steve Hayes hayesstw at telkomsa.net
Sun Nov 9 23:55:05 EST 2014

I have a book on Python that advocates dividing programs into modules, and
importing them when needed.

I have a question about this.

I can understand doing that in a compiled language, where different modules
can be imported from all sorts of places when the program is compiled.

But I understand that Python is an interpreted language, and If I wrote a
program in Python like that, and wanted to run it on another computer, how
would it find all the modules to import at run-time, unless I copied the whole
directory structure over to the other computer?

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm