Python script that does batch find and replace in txt files

Syed Khalid khalidness at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 14:58:49 EST 2014

Python script that does batch find and replace in txt files Need a python script that opens all .txt files in a folder find replace/delete text and save files.

I have text files and I need to perform below steps for each file.

Step 1: Put cursor at start of file and Search for "Contact's Name:". Delete all the rows before it.
Step 2: Put cursor at end of file, Search for "Contact's Name:" select option UP.
Step 3: Search for "Photo of the" Replace with blanks
Step 4: Search for "Contact is" Replace with blanks
Step 5: Search for "Contact's Name:" Replace with blanks
Step 6: Search for "Age:" Replace with blanks
Step 7: Search for "Sex:" Replace with blanks
Step 8: Search for "House No:" Replace with blanks
Step 9: Search for "available" Replace with blanks
Step 10: Remove Empty Lines Containing Blank Characters from file
Step 11: Trim Leading Space for each line
Step 12: Trim Trailing Space after each line
Step 13: Search for - (hyphen) Replace with _ (underscore)
Step 14: Save file.

Currently I have recorded a macro in Notepad++.
I open each file, run macro and save file.
As there are many files I was looking for a program to automate the process.

I posted the same query in Notepad++ forum. I got a reply that it can be done by using Python script.

Kindly do the needful.

Thank you.
khalidness