[Distutils] Call for information - What assumptions can I make about Unix users' access to Windows?

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 13:08:12 EST 2014

On 7 November 2014 17:42, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>> Does this prevent you from creating a VM on a cloud provider on your
>> own account?
>
> If I need to accept restrictions such as the above, I don't see that the
> location of the instance (nor the fees charged) has any affect on these
> concerns. The risks discussed above are not mitigated.

Thanks for the clarification. Given what you say, I don't see any way
that I can offer a solution you'd be willing to accept - I suspect the
only viable option for you would be support for cross-compilation
using mingw/ggg, which I'm not able to offer. For now, I guess, that
simply means I'll have to consider you (and anyone else for whom even
running a Windows system is unacceptable) outside of my target
audience.

Paul