[OFF-TOPIC] It is true that is impossible write in binary code, the lowest level of programming that you can write is in hex code?

mbg1708 at planetmail.com mbg1708 at planetmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:24:31 EST 2014

On Tuesday, 4 November 2014 16:49:36 UTC, françai s  wrote:
> I intend to write in lowest level of computer programming as a hobby.
>
> It is true that is impossible write in binary code, the lowest level
> of programming that you can write is in hex code?
>
> What is the lowest level of programming computers that you can write ?
>
> Is binary code?
>
> Is hex code?
>
> Is another machine code? Honestly do not know if it is true that there
> is another machine code beyond the binary and hex code.
>
> Is Assembly?

If you want a really brilliant (and simple) book about the process of designing, structuring and building programs in assembly language, I'd recommend finding a copy of a book called A Programmer's Notebook written by David M Cortesi.  The context is out of date (8080/Z-80 assembly programs for CP/M), but the overall structure of each chapter is brilliant: the development of decent designs, followed by a discussion of possible approaches to programming, followed by a detailed discussion of the development of the assembly language, and finally a final assembly code listing.  One advantage of this book is that the 8080/Z-80 instruction set and the interface to CP/M are both relatively simple to grasp (compared with modern CPUs and modern OSs).  That said, the lessons from this book translate to any assembly programming task.

Good luck.