Understanding "help" command description syntax - explanation needed

Larry Hudson orgnut at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 02:16:30 EST 2014

On 11/05/2014 03:00 AM, Ivan Evstegneev wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I’m a Python beginner and just getting familiar with it. (I need it for my EE B.Sc. project)
> For the learning purposes I use IDLE and (Learning Python by written by Mark Lutz).
> Let’s say that I have some earlier experience with C language, but still Python is a different
> one )))

The Lutz book is an excellent and VERY thorough Python reference, but it is not very good as a
beginner's tutorial.  The standard Python.org tutorial can be a better starting point.  Of
course, there are a lot of other good sources as well -- both on-line and dead-tree versions.
Try some googling.  Also the Python Wiki has a lot of valuable links:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/

      -=- Larry -=-