Misunderstanding buffering - flushing isn't

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 21:14:41 EST 2014

On 05/11/2014 17:54, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Irmen de Jong <irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> Any reason you're not using the logging module and get it all nicely dumped into a log
>> file instead?
>
> I'm an old fart. What can I say? BITD, (as Irmen is well aware, being
> about as old as I am in Python years), print was all we had. (We also
> walked uphill to school in both directions, in the snow.) While I use
> the logging module in other contexts, I never really liked it, and
> generally use it grudgingly.
>
> Skip

My approach was much like yours but I was converted a couple of years
ago.  Sadly both the name of the author and the title of the article
left, as the late, great Spike Milligan said in one of his books, "an
indelible blank on my mind" :)

However in an attempt to show that you can teach a fellow old fart new
tricks could an article like this help
http://fruch.github.io/2014/11/06/taming-the-logging-formatter/ ?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence