Understanding "help" command description syntax - explanation needed

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Nov 5 16:34:10 EST 2014

On 11/5/2014 7:31 AM, Ivan Evstegneev wrote:
> You got my point exactly. ^_^ This is not about a "range" command
> itself, but those conventions.

The Language Manual 1. Introduction has a section on the grammar
notation conventions.  The Library Manual 1. Introduction does not.  I
would agree that it should.  Someone could open an issue.

Ivan, the help(ob) results sometimes assume that you have read the doc
and only need a reminder about the function signature.  I strongly
recommend that you read most of the first 5 chapter of the Library
manual, especially 2 and 4.

--
Terry Jan Reedy