pkcs7 signing

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Nov 5 05:14:21 EST 2014

On 05/11/2014 06:40, dieter wrote:
> Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> writes:
>
>> Is there a way to do pkcs7 / 12 signing with python.
>
> Have you checked whether "OpenSSL" supports this kind of signing?
> If it does, then you likely can use this via several Python wrappings
> for "OpenSSL".

I checked that the openssl library does have a call for this, however, I cannot
see this exposed in either the cryptography or py2crypto packages. The code may
be in there, but I don't see it obviously exposed. I think m2crypto might do the
job, but building it for windows is a pain and I probably have to build it 6
times ie 32 & 64 bits x 2.7 3.3 & 3.4. There are pre-built versions of openssl,
but that's also a moving target right now.
--
Robin Becker