simple download manager

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 09:59:52 EST 2014

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 1:53 AM, Kiuhnm <gandalf23 at mail.com> wrote:
> I wish to automate the downloading from a particular site which has some ADs and which requires to click on a lot of buttons before the download starts.
>
> What library should I use to handle HTTP?
> Also, I need to support big files (> 1 GB) so the library should hand the data to me chunk by chunk.

You may be violating the site's terms of service, so be aware of what
you're doing.

This could be a really simple job (just figure out what the last HTTP
query is, and replicate that), or it could be insanely complicated
(crypto, JavaScript, and/or timestamped URLs could easily be
involved). To start off, I would recommend not writing a single like
of Python code, but just pulling up Mozilla Firefox with Firebug, or
Google Chrome with in-built inspection tools, or some equivalent, and
watching the exact queries that go through. Once you figure out what
queries are happening, you can figure out how to do them in Python.

ChrisA