what can i do to improve my skill after finished python course on codecademy

Seymore4Head Seymore4Head at Hotmail.invalid
Sun Nov 2 16:03:16 EST 2014

On Sun, 02 Nov 2014 19:42:49 +0000, Mark Lawrence
<breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>On 02/11/2014 19:10, Seymore4Head wrote:
>> On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 12:16:11 -0500, Joel Goldstick
>> <joel.goldstick at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> If you like math puzzles you can do the euler project stuff
>>
>> target=1000
>> thelist=[]
>> thesum=0
>> for x in range (1,target):
>>      if x%3==0: thelist.append(x)
>>      if x%5==0 and x%3!=0: thelist.append(x)
>> for x in thelist: thesum+=x
>> print(thelist)
>> print (thesum)
>>

>In [1]: help(sum)
>Help on built-in function sum in module builtins:
>
>sum(...)
>     sum(iterable[, start]) -> value
>
>     Return the sum of an iterable of numbers (NOT strings) plus the value
>     of parameter 'start' (which defaults to 0).  When the iterable is
>     empty, return start.

BTW I have the answer to question 2, but there is no way I would run
the code on numbers much more than 100000 and it wants the answer for
4,000,000.