Python 3 is killing Python

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Sat May 31 08:44:46 EDT 2014

Steve Hayes <hayesstw at telkomsa.net>:

> I'll leave Python 3.2 on my computer, but 2.7.5 will be the one I'm
> installing now. Even if I could *find* a book that deals with Python
> 3.x, couldn't afford to but yet another Python book.

Unfortunately, in the computer field, if there's a book written on a
topic, it will most likely be out of date.

In the 1990's, I used to buy computer books on various topics. I don't
think I have bought one for ten years. Either it is online or it doesn't
exist.

There's enough Python material online to become a pro in it:

 * tutorials,

 * the complete language reference,

 * the complete library reference,

 * the complete reference implementation,

 * this discussion group.

Marko