Script suddenly stops

Paul McNett paul at mcnettware.com
Fri May 30 18:03:43 EDT 2014

On 5/29/14, 7:47 PM, Chris wrote:
> I'm trying to read ten 200 MB textfiles into a MySQL MyISAM database
> (Linux, ext4). The script output is suddenly stopping, while the Python
> process is still running (or should I say sleeping?). It's not in top,
> but in ps visible.

Does it stop in the same place every time? How long are you waiting
before giving up? Is it at all possible that it is the MySQL side that
is blocking?

> Why is it stopping? Is there a way to make it continue, without calling
> "kill -9", deleting the processed lines and starting it again?

One thing to try (maybe, depending on whether it still fits into your
requirements for a database transaction) is to increase the number of
rows inserted before each commit.

> [1] http://pastebin.com/CxHCA9eB

It won't have any bearing, but those globals aren't necessary...

Paul