How to run script from interpreter?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu May 29 20:46:34 EDT 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> (By the way, ; won't work for a Python shell, because ;spam already is
> valid Python syntax: it's an empty statement followed by the statement
> spam, separated by a semicolon.)

That's not really a problem, though. It's not going to stop you from
doing something actually *useful*, and the fact that the semicolon
could be syntactically valid isn't going to come into it, because the
REPL would swallow it anyway.

But I agree that IDLE does not need a "drop to shell" mode.

ChrisA