Forking PyPI package

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Thu May 29 17:54:09 EDT 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 1:40 AM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you absolutely can't get in touch with him, the only option is to
> completely ignoring this code. It's sad but true; some code dies
> because of a trivial thing like "Oops, I forgot to actually say that
> this is MIT-licensed".

The second part of that is that the code should actually *include* the
license text. Just writing "BSD license" somewhere on the website or
in package metadata is annoyingly common but somewhat questionable in
how a judge might interpret it.  For instance, there at least four
different versions of the BSD license; which one did you mean?