Python alternative to Google Groups

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Thu May 29 08:40:22 EDT 2014

Ah, I wasn't referring to Google Groups newsgroup/usenet connection,
but if one wanted to host open source based online groups themselves
that are similar to the web experience with Google Groups overall.

While folks who just want a mailing list are well served by Mailman,
Sympa, and others ... for our organization we need to compete with
user expectations from Facebook Groups more and more. We'll we can't
compete on features, but we can make our web experience simple and
more visually pleasing so the web-centric users stick with us.

This is an example neighborhood forum we host -
http://e-democracy.org/se - our reality is that if someone creates a
Facebook Group in the same local community, we see sharing types
migrate there due to the visual experience and baked in mobile sharing
options. So our investments in this open source tool could benefit
those who see the need to host online communities on their own site
where they can innovate further.

Thanks!

Steve
ᐧ