Python 3 support for Fabric (was: How keep Python 3 moving forward)

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Sat May 24 00:29:35 EDT 2014

Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> writes:

> Thanks for the pointer.  I installed and ran caniusepython3.  It tells
> me:
>
> > Of those 19 projects, 17 have no direct dependencies blocking their
> > transition:
> > […]
> >   fabric

Fabric was for a long time held back by its dependency on the Paramiko
library. But that library is now Python 3 compatible, and Fabric is
moving steadily in the direction of Python 3 support.

The latest is a change in the documentation to explicitly remove the
last dependency hurdle <URL:https://github.com/fabric/fabric/pull/1137>.

Now the only blockers are internal; Fabric 2.0 is AFAICT going to be the
Python 3 compatible version of Fabric, and it is coming along well.

--
 \       “Some people have a problem, and they think “I know, I'll use |
  `\     Perl!”. Now they have some number of problems but they're not |