All-numeric script names and import

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri May 23 05:28:46 EDT 2014

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Wolfgang Maier
<wolfgang.maier at biologie.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> I see, so what you should propose then is a change to import, so that when
> it can't find a module it will try to import an alternative that's
> pronounced the same way. Then you could simply do:
>
> import one
>
> and you're fine :)

This strikes me as a very dangerous proposal. Imagine what would
happen when you try to "import chip" in New Zealand and it goes out
looking for "chup.py". Or the devastating results of "yes.py" and
"no.py" being indistinguishable on politicians' builds of Python...

ChrisA