Advice for choosing correct architecture/tech for a hobby project

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Thu May 22 15:28:54 EDT 2014

In <6a3c5b20-bce5-4c95-b27f-3840e9cc7df0 at googlegroups.com> Aseem Bansal <asmbansal2 at gmail.com> writes:

> But I hit a snag today that webbrowser's won't allow client to open
> hyperlinks with file protocol. I have both offline and online bookmarks
> so that was a problem for me.

What do you mean by saying "webbrowser's won't allow client to open
hyperlinks with file protocol"?  Of course they do.

My web browser works just fine with links such as this:

--
John Gordon         Imagine what it must be like for a real medical doctor to
gordon at panix.com    watch 'House', or a real serial killer to watch 'Dexter'.