Python and Math

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Thu May 22 02:52:47 EDT 2014

Le jeudi 22 mai 2014 01:14:29 UTC+2, chris.... at noaa.gov a écrit :
> On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 5:51:27 AM UTC-7, Frank Millman wrote:
>

> > I used it to install IPython, with the following results.
>

> > First I ran 'pip install ipython', which worked.
>

> > Then I read the IPython docs, which gave the following command to install
>

> > Notebook -
>

> >     'pip install ipython[notebook]'
>

> the reason for this is that the notebook has additional dependencies beyond what "plain" ipython requires. adding the [notebook] is supposed to bring those in, but apparetnly did not.
>

> So this is either a bug, or maybe the problem is that you had already installed ipython, so when you did :
>
>  'pip install ipython[notebook]'
>

> pip looked and saw that you already had it, so did nothing -- what did it report? In this caes:
>

>  'pip install -U ipython[notebook]'
>

> might have worked: -U means upgrade even if I already have it.
>

> But I"m glad the rest of the pip installs worked, that's pretty new actually!
>

> Note that the "scipy stack" and particularly extra add-on stuff like 3-d visualization, etc, is very hard to build and install -- so a number of folks rely on "distributions" that give you all that in one pile:
>

> Enthought Canopy
>
> Continuum Anaconda
>

> are two such options.
>

> Very odd that pip being hard to figure out might send someone to MS C#:
>

> Is there really a point and clic, out of the box high level interactive computational environment that MS delivers for C#  ;-)
>

> Not that we don't need the installation of packages made even easier, but really!

=========
=========

Hi Chris, do you remember me? Look at the adress wxjm...

I wanted to test wxPhoenix. Unable to install it, whl...?

If you do not need tester(s) (and a little bit more) put it
it clearly in the wxPython front page.

I just type

"wx python wxphoenix download" in google.

Results, first entry:

Can someone tell me how to download wxPython Phoenix ...

jmf

PS The latest version of wxPython I tested fails due to
the coding of characters, you should not be suprised,
and you probably remember how many times I tried to
explain it.