cx_freeze and temporary files - security related question

Nagy László Zsolt gandalf at shopzeus.com
Wed May 21 12:42:58 EDT 2014

I need to create an application for Windows 7 that runs from a flash
drive. This program would be used to create remote backups of the
pendrive. The pendrive contains sensitive data, so when I plug in the
pendrive and run the program to make a backup, it should not leave any
trace of operation on the windows system. The information is so
sensitive that I was forbidden to use cloud storage. I was also
forbidden to make backups to a local drive, or leave any trace on the
host windows system.

The question is this: if I create this program with Python 3.4 and
cx_Freeze, then what should I expect. When the user starts the
cx_freeze-d program from the flash drive, will it create temporary files
on the system drive? Will it leave log files or store any permanent or
temporary data on the system drive (maybe in the user's tmp folder) that
can later be used to tell what drive was mounted, with what parameters
the program was started etc.

Thanks