Putting Py 3.4.1 to work.

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Wed May 21 01:52:51 EDT 2014

Le mercredi 21 mai 2014 00:19:37 UTC+2, Terry Reedy a écrit :
> On 5/20/2014 4:55 PM, Zachary Ware wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 9:31 AM,  <wxjmfauth at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Experimented users have certainly noticed a lot of
>
> >> things have changed.
>

> > This looks like something went weird in your installation, like you
>
> > installed to 'C:\Python34\DLLs' instead of 'C:\Python34'.
>

> I suspect you nailed it.

Sorry, *I* did not install, the *msi* installer
did it. I had a complete mismatch, python*.exe, in DLLs
and py*.exe in c:\python34 !

Usualy, I removed then I reinstall, I did no do it
this time.

I'm very aware about all this stuff, all my apps
are running on any wins from an usb strick, including
my interactive interpreters.

I have however some more serious concerns about
cx_freeze, will spend some time soon.

FYI:
On win7, "Program Files" does no more exist. The name
is a "fake" "Programs" (without any space (finally))
which carries the name of the "linguistic" win version,
in my case c:\Programmes (French).

jmf