Psycopg2 : error message.

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue May 20 01:21:21 EDT 2014

dandrigo <laurent.celati at gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm writing a python script for a web service. I have to connect to my
>postgres/postgis databases via Psycopg2.
>
>I writed a little first script just to connect to my pg/postgis db and drop
>a test db.
>
>But when i execute the python file, i have several error messages.

Really, this wouldn't have been so hard to figure out if you had read the
documentation.

     conn=psycopg2.connect("dbname='busard_test' user='laurent'
host='localhost' password='cactus'")

Psycopg2 has two ways to specify the parameters.  You can either do them as
individual Python parameters, in which case each parameter is a string that
needs to be quited, OR you can use a single connection string, in which
case you do NOT quote the individual parameters.

So, you can either do this:

    conn=psycopg2.connect("dbname=busard_test user=laurent host=localhost
password=cactus")

or do this:

     conn=psycopg2.connect(database='busard_test', user='laurent',
host='localhost', password='cactus'")
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.