Clip Raster Image Pair by Overlapping Area using Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon May 19 21:43:42 EDT 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 11:30 AM,  <mikejohnryan08 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your response.  For my purpose, the images won't have to be 'perfectly' matched, but hopefully as close as possible.  Registration algorithms won't work for this reason--the images aren't identical to each other because of the different perspectives.

Yeah, and that's what makes it hard. This is outside my area of
expertise, so all I can say is that these sorts of programs do exist,
but restricting yourself to Python libraries may make your life
unnecessarily hard.

On a separate topic, you're posting through Google Groups with its
abhorrent bugs. Can you please either edit your posts before sending
(removing the blank lines, wrapping to a sane width, and trimming the
quoted text), or switch to a better newsreader (or the mailing list)?
You'll find that a lot of people here either filter your message to
/dev/null automatically, or take one look and just move on to the next
post. Remember, never offend people with form when you can offend them
with substance :)

ChrisA