Clip Raster Image Pair by Overlapping Area using Python

mikejohnryan08 at gmail.com mikejohnryan08 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 21:05:34 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have a set of aerial images which I am trying to clip by their overlapping areas, for use in a more involved program I am writing with PIL.

What would be the best method with Python to extract the overlapping area from a pair of images?  I know there are libraries out there that could do this, but I couldn't find any so far.

I need to execute this through Python as it will be part of a batch processing script.  Any ideas/advice would be great!  Thanks so much in advance.