Exception problem with module

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon May 19 19:48:04 EDT 2014

>> Well I am not sure what advantage this has for the user, not my code as
>> I don't advocate the import to begin with it, its fine spelled as it was
>> from where it was...
>
> The advantage for the user is:

/snip

Hey Steven,
Sorry for the late reply (travelling). My comment wasn't clear, I was ranting against
the import of the exception in the second module, non the less how it was imported
and not why it was not ok.

Basically, it was no better than leaving it where it was, spelled as it was and
requiring the user to import it from where it was defined. It turned out to be
some faulty logic in the second module where the __setattr__ call was made
that was preventing it from being set...

jlc