PEP 8 : Maximum line Length :

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sat May 17 09:46:43 EDT 2014

In article <mailman.10085.1400333338.18130.python-list at python.org>,
 Tim Chase <python.list at tim.thechases.com> wrote:

> On 2014-05-17 12:52, Albert van der Horst wrote:
> > Now translate E=mc^2 into Java.
>
> I suspect it would be something like
>
> public class Einstein  {
>   private double mass=0, energy=0;
>   public class Relativity implements IEquation {
>     Relativity(double mass) {
>       set_mass(mass);
>     }
>     public double getEnergy() {return energy;}
>     public double setEnergy(double newEnergy) {
>       energy = newEnergy;
>       mass = newEnergy / (units.SPEED_OF_LIGHT * units.SPEED_OF_LIGHT);
>     }
>     public double get_mass() {return mass;}
>     public double setMass(double newMass) {
>       mass = newMass;
>       energy = newMass * (units.SPEED_OF_LIGHT * units.SPEED_OF_LIGHT);
>     }
>   }

>     Relativity relativity = new Relativity(
>       Integer.parseInt(args[1])
>       );
>     System.out.println(relativity.getEnergy())
>   }
> }
>

> (untested, as it has been a long time since I've touched any Java code)
>
> -tkc

Not good enough.  Einstein should really be a singleton, so you need
something like an AbstractScientistFactory, which implements Singleton.
And you really should be importing
SPEED_OF_LIGHT_IN_VACUUM_METERS_PER_SECOND from
org.universe.physics.constants.  And you need to declare that
Einstein.getEnergy() raises NumericValueOutOfBoundsError if mass is
negative (and FlatEarthError if the code is run in certain states south
of the Mason-Dixie line).