The possibility integration in Python without an equation, just an array-like file

Johannes Schneider johannes.schneider at galileo-press.de
Fri May 16 11:01:04 EDT 2014

If you do not have a closed form for T(E) you cannot calculate the exact
value of I(V).

Anyway. Assuming T is integrable you can approximate I(V).

1. Way to do:
interpolate T(E) by a polynomial P and integrate P. For this you need
the equation (coefficients and exponents) of P. Integrating is easy
after that.

2. other way:
Use Stair-functions: you can approximate the Value of IV() by the sum
over T(E_i) * (E_{i+1} - E_i) s.t. E_0 = E_F-\frac{eV}{2} and E_n =
E_F+\frac{eV}{2}.

3 one more way:
use a computer algebra system like sage.

bg,
Johannes

--
Johannes Schneider
Webentwicklung
johannes.schneider at galileo-press.de
Tel.: +49.228.42150.xxx

Galileo Press GmbH
Rheinwerkallee 4 - 53227 Bonn - Germany
Tel.: +49.228.42.150.0 (Zentrale) .77 (Fax)
http://www.galileo-press.de/

Geschäftsführer: Tomas Wehren, Ralf Kaulisch, Rainer Kaltenecker
HRB 8363 Amtsgericht Bonn