PEP 8 : Maximum line Length :

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Thu May 15 20:21:21 EDT 2014

Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> writes:

> The claim being made is that 79/80 is a fundamental, cognitive limit
> and has no relation to technological changes.

Who has made that claim, and where? You appear to be attacking a straw
man.

Rather, I've claimed that the conventional lime length limit is *based
in* the real cognitive limits of human reading comprehension — and that
technologies have been designed with corresponding limitations.

Nowhere have I claimed 79 or 80 are somehow fundamental or encoded in
human cognition, and I have seen no-one else claim that. Please try to
work within your own cognitive limits and read what people write for
comprehension.

--
 \      “As soon as we abandon our own reason, and are content to rely |
  `\       upon authority, there is no end to our troubles.” —Bertrand |