PEP 8 : Maximum line Length :

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu May 15 09:44:34 EDT 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 11:38 PM, alister
<alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 May 2014 23:31:44 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> The Windows 8 / Unity / GNOME 3 model annoys me greatly. Can't get work
>> done like that.
>>
>> ChrisA
> Windows 8/ Unity/ Gnome 3 are great on tablets (at least they look like
> they should be the only one I can confirm is Win 8) but lousy on a full
> pc with keyboard (Mouse optional)
>
> I am with you & use either LXDE or XFCE or run level 3 on all of my
> systems.

Sorry, I should clarify that I'm talking about desktop systems here. I
have no idea how good those UIs are on actual tablets; my beef with
them is that putting a tablet UI on a desktop is just as much a bad
idea as putting a desktop UI on a tablet. When I have a 1920x1080
display on a screen that's about a meter wide, running a single
application is seldom what I want to do.

ChrisA