PEP 8 : Maximum line Length :

Albert van der Horst albert at spenarnc.xs4all.nl
Wed May 14 18:53:52 EDT 2014

In article <a3253d6a-ef89-49d5-b866-8c06a7462219 at googlegroups.com>,
Rustom Mody  <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 12:37:24 PM UTC+5:30, Ganesh Pal wrote:
>> Hi  Team ,
>>

>> what would be the best way to intent the below line .
>>
>> I have few lines in my program exceeding the allowed maximum line
>Length of 79./80 characters
>>

>> Example 1 :
>>

>>    p =
>Subprocess.Popen(shlex.split(cmd),stdout=subprocess.PIPE,stderr=subprocess.PIPE)
>

>First rule of python-list: Pay careful attention to Peter Otten.
>
>That said...
>
>80-character limit?!
>
>Sheesh! A relic of the days when terminals were ASCII and 80x24

80 character was the hard limit.
The soft limit for readability is 60..65 characters.
Think about it.

Just that a language accepts
#define MASK_SEPIA_INTERNAL_BLEEDING_WASHINGTON_DC_BLACK 0x147800fa
means that it is a good idea to do so.

Groetjes Albert
albert at spe&ar&c.xs4all.nl &=n http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst