SQLAlchemy - web framework ?

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Wed May 14 03:45:05 EDT 2014

flebber <flebber.crue at gmail.com> writes:

> One of the main parts that is tripping myself up is that I need to
> consistently import xml files into my database.

XML documents represent a hierarchical tree of data. Relational
databases are not good at representing hierarchical documents.

So I don't know what you mean by “consistently import xml files into my
database”. What are you expecting the result to be?

You won't have sensible relational records as a result. At best, you'll
have XML blobs in single SQL fields.

> Looking to find the best support and methodologies to do this, that is
> one of the reasons I am looking at SqlAlchemy.

I've asked you about using Django with SQLAlchemy; it's not clear why
you don't think that is suitable.

So I have the same question: What makes you think a database API is
going to solve the problem, and what makes you think SQLAlchemy in
particlar is the right solution?

More generally: You appear to have already decided what the solution is,
without making clear to us what the problem is. Advice is going to be
mis-matched until you tell us more about what problem you're trying to
solve.

--
 \             “The Way to see by Faith is to shut the Eye of Reason.” |
  `\                                                —Benjamin Franklin |