Everything you did not want to know about Unicode in Python 3

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Tue May 13 07:19:06 EDT 2014

On Tue, 13 May 2014 01:18:35 +0000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> On Mon, 12 May 2014 17:47:48 +0000, alister wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 12 May 2014 16:19:17 +0100, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>>
>>> This was *NOT* written by our resident unicode expert
>>> http://lucumr.pocoo.org/2014/5/12/everything-about-unicode/
>>>
>>> Posted as I thought it would make a rather pleasant change from
>>> interminable threads about names vs values vs variables vs objects.
>>
>> Surely those example programs are not the pythonoic way to do things or
>> am i missing something?
>
> Armin Ronacher is an extremely experienced and knowledgeable Python
> developer, and a Python core developer. He might be wrong, but he's not
> *obviously* wrong.

I am only an amateur python coder which is why I asked if I am missing
something

I could not see any reason to be using the shutil module if all that the
programm is doing is opening a file, reading it & then printing it.

is it python that causes the issue, the shutil module or just the OS not
liking the data it is being sent?

an explanation of why this approach is taken would be much appreciated.

--
Revenge is a form of nostalgia.