SQLAlchemy - web framework ?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Tue May 13 07:11:29 EDT 2014

In article <d738b225-cf28-4114-a565-58a60919fe42 at googlegroups.com>,
 flebber <flebber.crue at gmail.com> wrote:

> Roy.that is interesting that you can use mongoengine.
>
> Recent google results such as seem to assert there are a lot of inherent risk
> in swapping out components, though I may be misinterpreting it.
> http://www.slideshare.net/daikeren/tradeoffs-of-replacing-core-components

I wouldn't take every slideshow I find on the net as gospel.  There is
risk in doing anything.  The only slide I find of much value in that
deck is 22, but that's pretty much a requirement anyway.  Most of the
rest is just fear mongering.

FWIW, we don't use any third-party packages, and we don't use the admin.
If those things are important to you, then I agree, swapping out the ORM
will be interesting.  Mostly what we use from django are the middleware
framework (we write a lot of our own middleware), url parsing, and view
dispatch.