SQLAlchemy - web framework ?

flebber flebber.crue at gmail.com
Mon May 12 19:34:55 EDT 2014

If I want to use SQLAlchemy as my ORM what would be the best option for a web framework?

It appears the general advice regarding Django is to do it the Django way and use the django ORM and change it out for SQLAlchemy.

That to me limited knowledge leaves flask, pyramid and turbogears 2. So if I wanted to not build it all myself as with flask then potentially pyramid, turbogears is the best option?

Is this true? I have completed the TG2 intro tutorial and have built several small things with flask although I feel offput by doing anything bigger in flask.

See what I have done is got my python knowledge to a fair point where I can do useful things, good knowledge of web HTML/CSS, built a few small projects in flask to get an idea for python web, completed django tutorials, turogears tutorials and now looking to design out a bigger project I want to set myself and i am trying to compile the parts so I can see what I will need to use and gather info to cover what othe things I will need to know.

Do I have a false fear of flask and doing bigger projects?

So at this point I know I want SQLAlchemy, will use postgres(although mysql/maria would work fine).

Any pratical advice warmly welcomed, I think I am thining too much aimlessly maybe.

http://turbogears.org/
http://www.pylonsproject.org/
http://flask.pocoo.org/
https://www.djangoproject.com/