Fortran

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 11 20:27:17 EDT 2014

On 12/05/2014 00:51, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Cars are standardized -- there are basically two types, manuals and
> automatics.

Sadly they can still go wrong due to modern engineering practices.  In
my neck of the woods some years ago people were killed when standing at
a bus stop, because the car driver was desperately pressing down on the
automatic's brake but EMI overrode the engine controls and the car
simply went faster.  At least that is what the defence claimed at the
trial.  With no expert on the prosecution to refute the claim "not
guilty" was the verdict.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---